Monday 13 October 2014

Decisions, Decisions.

I've been contemplating what to do exactly as far as this hobby of ours goes. I've thrown around a few ideas, periods etc. And have came up with a few particular ideas I like.

Firstly, I would really like to do a modern Africa setting (an ImagiNation). I plan on using AK47 rules for large scale battles, and Force on Force for smaller encounters. I toyed with the idea of an Eastern European ImagiNation, but I keep getting drawn back to Africa. Probably going to use 20mm for FoF and 15mm for AK47. This is the project I will most likely do first. I may start an individual blog for this, I'm undecided.

Secondly, I wanted to do something set in the Alternative Universe of Winter of '79, which is a brilliant blog. Possibly set in the North East and Borders. This blog was originally set up for this purpose, hence the name. For this, I will most likely do it in 20mm using Liberation Miniatures.

I also thought of wargaming either the French Indochina War, or the French Algerian War. The former in 28mm, the latter in 20mm.

I may do the Eastern European ImagiNation, however, because I've been collecting reference photos of Chechen Rebels and fighters in the Balkans. Serbs, Croats, Bosnians etc. I like the variety of the camos used. How they're mismatched and don't adhere to a strict uniform. This will be using Force on Force, and, possibly, AK47. Scale wise, I'll be using 20mm for both rule sets. But I doubt I'll use AK47 for this as I'm imagining small scale firefights in built up areas. Maybe one or two vehicles, APCs etc.

I don't have a gaming partner as of yet so there will be an abundance of battle reports.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment